Friday, June 24, 2011

PHOTOSHOOT: We Belong Alive

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not a fan of Cancer. After losing my Father and Mother-in-Law in the past year, it is not something that I balk at. My Mother also had cancer at 20 years old, and has been dealing with side effects still even 30 years later. Cancer sucks.

On October 6th of last year, the popular Horror T-shirt site Fright-Rags released a special edition shirt, that if bought would help support a friend of the site's who was battling cancer. (You can read the whole story HERE.)

The image that they created stuck with me for a long time, and as a Photographer, I had always thought it would make a great striking photo. When all of the components and schedules came together recently, we were able to try and physically recreate the painting.

Here is the final image, a throwback to the famous Janet Jackson cover of Rolling Stone Magazine, only utilizing Frankenstein's Monster & his Bride. I hope you enjoy it, and I also hope it instills a bit of motivation to help out someone who has cancer, or who has lost someone to cancer. It is something that unfortunately will effect every single human on this planet at some point in their lifetime...

We Belong Alive.



Here is the original image created by Fright-Rags:


Models: Tara Price & Keenan McClelland
Shot in Studio: Orlando, FL
Canon 5D Mark II, 17-40mm f/4L Canon Lens
Lighting: Alien Bee 1600, 800, & 800 Ring Flash
Makeup by: Ashli Szymanski of C.S Studios FX
Hair Styling by: Kaitlyn Matlock
Wardrobe Styling by: Aleksandra Chernova

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty cool! If you'd like to see the process work that went into creating the design, visit my artist blog here: http://beastpop.blogspot.com/2010/10/we-belong-alive-bride-of-frank-for.html

    ReplyDelete