Monday, August 9, 2010

PHOTOSHOOT: Lords of Acid

A funny story... When I first came to Orientation at the University of Central Florida, I was put into a group of 11 other students as we toured and went through a few lectures, and then sat in a comfy room, where our guide asked each person questions, hoping to form friendships. One of the questions they asked me was, "What is your Favorite Band?" My answer was... Lords of Acid.

Last week an event happened that I never planned to exist in my lifetime. I was going to see Lords of Acid live and in Concert. I had been a huge fan throughout the late 90s and into the millennium, and had never had an opportunity to see them live. When I heard they were going back on tour after a 7 year hiatus (with many new members of course) I jumped at the opportunity. Little did I know something magical was about to happen. While doing some graphic work for my friend Daniel at Et Cetera Magazine, I joked with the idea of him setting up a photoshoot for me with Lords of Acid. He said, "Sure", and after a couple hours messaged me, to alert that he had indeed set up a shoot and interview with the band. Well, jump start my heart!

On the evening of Wed, August 4th, I had the ability to actually meet, help interview, hang out and shoot the 2010 lineup for Lords of Acid. They gave me a tour badge and backstage pass, and allowed me to rock out with them on Stage. They were opened by My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, another favorite from the time. The band was excited to be on the road, and rekindle the relationship with their fans, the Children of Acid. This was a most amazing experience, that I will cherish for a long time...


^Click Image for Full Sized Photo

Models: Lords of Acid (Praga Khan, Lacey Conner, Sin Quirin, M3, Kirk Salvador)
Shot on Location: Firestone, Orlando, FL
Canon 5D Mark II, 17-40mm f/4L Canon Lens
Lighting: Alien Bee 800

2 comments:

  1. so cool! i remember you shooting the pics do you still have the other shots ?
    stacyw357@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invasion gained enequity😇. Diddid

    179







    ReplyDelete