Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Birthdaysploitation 2010!

Yesterday I was able to celebrate my 29th year on this universe also known as existence. A breakdown of the weeks events are as follows: Saturday was the real celebration (since Monday is a school night). We started the evening with Dinner at the T-Rex Cafe at Downtown Disney, a most jurassic dining establishment that mimics the successful Rainforest Cafe, but overrun with dinosaurs, killer squids and meteor showers. My sisters Aimee and Caitlin met us, and presented me with an awesome Knife holder, made to look like a body, being stabbed by the blades. Aimee also cooked a most delicious Cookie Cake, that they had preset up with the restaurant to bring out.

From there we traveled down to meet the rest of the 30 odd crew at Old Town amusement center in Kissimmee. For the rest of the evening it was a blitz of Lazer Tag, Go Karts, Alcohol, Haunted Houses and Karaoke. Video evidence will be revealed shortly of the 10 car pile up, caused by my lovely wife. Luckily there were no major injuries. I never did get the cotton candy that I was after. Alcohol provided giftwrapped by Ashley and Lindsay. Tim brought me the most excellent new Eerie Von photobook on the Misfits. 138! The evening was meant to end with a road trip to the coast for the last night launch of the Space Shuttle ever, but it was cut short when Weather moved the date till the next day.

Sunday was spent in preparations for the big game. We woke up to have lunch with Aimee and Caitlin at Tiajuana Flats (the most delicious cookie dough flautas!) Then enjoyed the rest of the night with the huge (first time ever in the Super Bowl) win for the New Orleans Saints! It was a proud day for those of us who were born on a bayou. Who Dat? Tara also brought me some awesome one of a kind Ghostbuster Coasters! (because I do have a serious constant need for coasters!)

Yesterday (the official day of my birth) was spent writing. I finally finished the full timeline for my latest feature length script, which let me tell you, is going to be my "Armageddon". It's coming along swimmingly, and I should be releasing information on it soon. Once Melanie got home from work, we had a nice meal at CheeburgerCheeburger, and watched Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever. The film definitely had some extremely strange choices, and was pretty chopped up. All in all a pretty badass birthday experience!

We'll wrap up the nonstop excitement with a screening and party at Universal tonight for their latest horror potential, The Wolfman. I feel a bad moon rising...

No comments:

Post a Comment