Monday, November 23, 2009

Turtle Power!

One of the biggest impacts on my adolescent life, was the discovery of Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird's most bodacious creations, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I was completely obsessed as a child, and the elements from that program have stuck with me through today.

This year is the 25th anniversary of TMNT, and at the San Diego Comic Con in June, I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Eastman for the first time. He drew me a Donatello in the limited collectors edition hardback of the 25th Anniversary Comic Collection. Completely Excellent!

For our wedding anniversary this year, my amazing wife Melanie, bought me the Blu-ray collection of the 4 TMNT movies. Upon receiving this, the immediate thought in my mind was, MARATHON! Our buddy (and fellow TMNT enthusiast) Keenan readily agreed. So yesterday, we watched 7 straight hours of the green team, on our 11' projector wall. Starting out with the original animated pilot, then the 3 live action movies, then the CG animated movie, and ending everything with the first episode of the live action TV series. In the middle was ordered some Dominos pizza (who sponsored the first film) and covered it with toppings from candy corn to gummi bears to chocolate chips and marshmallows. (I do not recommend gummi bears in the future!) The day was radical, and I can't wait to do something like this again! Cowabunga!

No comments:

Post a Comment